Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Cheating IPODS!


I read an article about schools banning Ipods because students were found downloading formulas and answers to their Ipods and using them during tests, in other words CHEATING! Not a good thing. This has been found to be happening mostly in high schools, but obviously it could be happening in college too.

I think that Ipods have totally changed the college campus. Walking down 13th Avenue of the University or Oregon, at least one in every five people are wearing earbuds. It is so annoying, especially when you are trying to pass them or even get a friend's attention and you CAN'T because all they hear is their Moby and underground techno bable. It is starting to get really strange that EVERYONE has an Ipod.

So back to cheating with Ipods. High school's should definatly be banning ALL technological devices during class time. It is so rude to be listening to your music during class. It is also rude to send text messages during class. Not only is it distracting to others but it is disrespectful to the teacher.

So, lets start to lead by example, my fellow classmates of the college level. Let's show the youth how it's done. Respect is the key to success.

1 comment:

Kelli Matthews said...

When I started college, I was about the only student with a cell phone (I worked at a cell phone company at the time). I was mortified if it rang in class and really didn't walk around talking on it. It's interesting to see how that's changed and how pervasive iPods are now.

Students don't NEED technology to cheat. Heck, we just stole the answer keys when I was in high school... oops, did I say that?

You need be sure to link to the article.