Monday, April 30, 2007

I want updates!


I get so frustrated waiting for news. I always find myself doing this. I will watch an interesting news clip and then I will immediately get online to find out more information, however I usually only recover the same information. It really gets annoying. I want NEW news, not the same news. For example, this morning I was watching the news and found that in the early morning (12 a.m.), a beekeeper was hauling a load of bees from one location to the next, and on his way part of his load fell off his truck in the middle of the Glenn Jackson bridge, which connects Oregon and Washington. Now, this was some news! To see the video, check it out here. The boxes of bees that fell from the truck had caused cars that were following behind him (too closely, I imagine) to break and swerve around the debris, causing a one-car accident. That car was unable to safely avoid the boxes, and ended up flipping. Those in the car were injured and taken to the hospital. Now, I want to know what their condition is. But, for the love of God, I cannot find updates anywhere. I feel like if a story is newsworthy enough to BEE a story, then the pubic should have some sort of access to the update. It would just be nice if reporters could follow through on stories so that those stressing out about the situation can be at peace.

No comments: